Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
erickson
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: matei sebastian Alin

domain controller replica

Post by erickson »

Hello,
I have a replica job that runs every day. It replicates all my servers from an esx cluster and change the network connection to an isolated network for testing. We have a second phisical domain controler.
I have tried to power on the domain controller server in that testing network and it's running but it gives me errors like "the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted". I've followed this tread vmware-vsphere-f24/replicating-a-domain ... 12183.html and tried Sezing the FSMO Roles but nothing change. How can i test my domain controller server so i can be sure that in case of disaster it goes up and run?
erickson
Enthusiast

Re: domain controller replica

Post by erickson »

Case ID# 01705682
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello. But how do you expect that domain controller to be able connect to your physical domain controller from that isolated network for testing?

Or, are you trying to simulate scenario where everything including your physical domain controller is lost? In that case, this becomes a broader discussion of Active Directory recovery from loss of all but one domain controller. I assume this process will require a lot of manual steps before AD is functional again. This discussion is really out of scope of our product, and you should better take it to the dedicated Microsoft TechNet community.

Thanks!
erickson
Enthusiast

Post by erickson »

I only want to be sure that my replicas works. I cannot put the domain controller in production but i want to get it work in that isolated network so i can power up the other replicas(Exchange server, sql ecc) and connect to them with a domain account. I had make the note of the phisical domain controller for you to understand that we have a primary domain controller(that is the VM) and a secondary.
All that i want to archive is to be able to test my replicas so in case my esx server go down, i know for sure that if i bring up the replicas all my servers will do their job like nothing happend. isn't this the point of the replicas? Minimize the down time?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Look at the SureReplica functionality, should be just what you need.