Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bunger
Expert
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Bill Unger

Downgrade from v6 to v5

Post by bunger »

I am ready to throw in the towel on v6. I upgrade just after Christmas and have not had successful backups/replicas since. I have worked with technical support 3 times, posted a lot on this forum, and while I think v6 is a good product, I don't have any more time to spend trying restore a stable DR environment.

With that being said, is my only option to go back to v5 a completely clean uninstall of v6 and completely clean reinstall of v5?

thanks
Bill
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Re: Downgrade from v6 to v5

Post by Sethbartlett »

Correct, there is no graceful way of downgrading from 6 to 5. Could you post your support tickets so I can look at them on Monday and see what your issues have been?
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
bunger
Expert

Post by bunger »

The first time I spoke with tech support, they didn't provide a case number. But I have since been working off this case number: 5165559
bunger
Expert

Post by bunger »

Well, I have been working with tech support for about a couple of weeks now and still have no resolution.

I am going on 4 weeks of unstable backups and am throwing in the towel on version 6. Unfortunately, I can't find the download links for version 5. Does anyone know where I can download version 5?

tia,
Bill
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi Bill, support can provide you the download links for previous versions. Thanks!
bunger
Expert

Post by bunger »

Gostev - I requested the download location about 4 hours ago and haven't heard back yet.... <sigh>
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Severity 4 issues have 24 hours response time according to the support policy. And I am sure you will really appreciate that these rules are in place if you ever have Severity 1 case in the future... because last thing you will want then is our support engineers serving minor requests instead of focusing on your issue ;)
bunger
Expert

Post by bunger »

Gostev,

I do understand the support policy. But after not getting backups for 4+ weeks, I was hoping to be able to get a backup tonight.

I will sit tight until tomorrow... :-)

Thanks,
Bill
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

I am sure you will hear sooner than 24 hours. And I have still sent your support case over to the support management (I assume you did not talk to them yet), so that they are aware. Curious to hear their summary on what is so wrong that it makes you go back... at least I am not aware of any critical issues in v6 that would justify going back to v5 for me personally (consider me one of the Veeam backup admin, as I am looking over our own internal v6 deployment). Although we would not be able to go back anyway, since we are really into remote site backups over WAN with v6 - and v5 does not come even close there.