Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
StanoSedliak
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Stano Sedliak

Duplication to cloud with WAN accelerator

Post by StanoSedliak »

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if my plan is the best possible solution if you could help me please.

I would like to duplicate my on-premise backups to cloud, I would:
1. create a VM in cloud with disk for duplicated backups
2. add this server also as a wan accelerator and add the disk of the azure server as backup repository
3. duplicate the backup jobs to this "azure" repository

Do you have some other best know method how to do it please? As this is only for a one customer I don't think that cloud connect is needed.

Thank you!

Br, Stano
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Duplication to cloud with WAN accelerator

Post by PetrM »

Hi Stano,

I think one detail is missing in the description: WAN-accelerators work in pair and you will need to deploy WAN-accelerator on source side as well. Also, you may take a look at this section of our best practices guide.

Alternatively, you can consider usage of SOBR with Capacity Tier enabled and Copy policy to duplicate backups to cloud.

Thanks!
StanoSedliak
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Stano Sedliak

Re: Duplication to cloud with WAN accelerator

Post by StanoSedliak » 1 person likes this post

Hi Petr,

thank you for reply. Yes, sorry I didn't write it down as the backup server was already a WAN accelerator in the past so no need to deploy it again.

For SOBR we are missing the possibility of WAN accelerator and as incremental backups are big we would need to decrease the data traffic sent over the network as otherwise we would not be able to copy data to a storage in cloud. I just wanted to know if there would be some another ideas how to duplicate data to cloud in a best way. Thank you!