Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ekhouser614
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Houser

During full VM restore, only one restore point available

Post by ekhouser614 »

In selecting to restore the full VM as opposed to files etc, there is only a single restore point available in the window. If I select VM files, I see all the restore points. If I select Application files, I also see all the restore points. This is for B&R V9, but why would I only have one showing for full VM? It states I have 9 restore points but can only restore from the last one?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: During full VM restore, only one restore point available

Post by veremin »

What happens if you click "Point" button in the full vm restore wizard? Does it only show one restore point, while several ones exist? Thanks.
ekhouser614
Influencer

Post by ekhouser614 »

Ok, well I missed that and guess I should have caught it but, I would have expected to see the list of restore points as I do on the other restore methods. But, at least I know now! I would probably say the list of points should be listed as opposed to going through an additional step, small as it is, unless I am missing something it an unnecessary step?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

The wizard support multiple VMs restore. If we showed multiple VMs along with their restore points in the same table, the GUI would be overfilled easily and barely manageable. Thanks.
ekhouser614
Influencer

Post by ekhouser614 »

Ah, got it. I thought if I selected (highlighted) only one VM and selected to restore full VM, it was only selecting that specific one. Understood now.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Correct. Though, there is a button on your right using which you can add more VMs. This will make wizard restore multiple VMs at once. Thus, the said buttons and setting arrangement.

Anyway, glad to hear my input was helpful. Feel free to ask for any additional help, if needed.

Thanks.