Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ckent
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Enterprise Cloud - where to now ?

Post by ckent »

I have recently inherited a new network which is using Veeam Backup & Replication for VMware - Enterprise Cloud.
The licensing portal tells me that Cloud Edition is not available for version 8.0 and higher. Please see FAQ section for more information.
The FAQ says

What are the options for current Cloud Edition customers?
Current Cloud Edition customers can continue to use v7 with the Cloud Edition functionality, or they can choose to upgrade to v8 and then use Veeam Cloud Connect to get backups off site.

Where it says UPGRADE should i be expecting to pay the full cost of a new license or is there a discount path from one to the other or is it a free upgrade providing i'm still in support ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Enterprise Cloud - where to now ?

Post by foggy »

If you're on active maintenance, you can upgrade free of charge, however new license will be required (can be obtained through licensing portal).
ckent
Enthusiast

Post by ckent »

Hi Foggy.

The maintenance for our Enterprise Cloud expired 27 Aug 2015, mainly due to some confusion over what was the path forward.
Our Veeam re-seller is telling us that we need to purchase a brand new license of Veeam Backup Essentials Enterprise 2-socket Bundle at full retail as listed on your website.

When i questioned this they were adamant that was what they where being advised by their Veeam account manager.

i would like to get this resolved and will PM you with my details.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Replied. The fact that your maintenance has already expired does not play for you. Anyway, please contact renewals team directly with this.
ckent
Enthusiast

Post by ckent »

Got to the bottom of this.
Appears what i inherited was not a perpetual license for Enterprise Cloud but just a yearly subscription that has now ended.