Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
waldo
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: simon john waldron

Enterprise Manager... Default Login???

Post by waldo »

I have installed Enterprise Manager in order to facilitate AD/Exchange/SQL object restores.

But when I try to run through the restore process I am prompted for a username and password to log into the Enterprise Manager. I have'nt set this up and dont know and cannot find out what the default username/password is. Can anyone help???? I have not been able to find any sort of documentation/manuals for the Enterprise Manager product.

Also do I have to use the Enterprise Manager to perform AD/SQL/Exchange restores because i would rather not if possible! The Enterprise Manager -as far as I can tell- is going to add an additional layer of complexity & management to my simple virtual environment. Why can't I just perform AD/SQL/Exchange restores from within Backup&Replication? I thought Veeam was all about simple/quick restore processes?
Cokovic
Veteran
Liked: 59 times
Full Name: Haris Cokovic

Re: Enterprise Manager... Default Login???

Post by Cokovic »

waldo wrote:Also do I have to use the Enterprise Manager to perform AD/SQL/Exchange restores because i would rather not if possible!
Why can't I just perform AD/SQL/Exchange restores from within Backup&Replication? I thought Veeam was all about simple/quick restore processes?
Sure you can do that. Just download the corresponding UAir Wizard and install them onto your Backupserver. The wizards are not included in your Backup&Replication download. You have to download them separately :wink:
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Simon,

Use the account you've used to install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager or any of the users listed in the local Administrators group.
And here is the User Guide for additional info.

Thanks!
waldo
Influencer

Post by waldo »

Cokovic wrote: Sure you can do that. Just download the corresponding UAir Wizard and install them onto your Backupserver. The wizards are not included in your Backup&Replication download. You have to download them separately :wink:
I have now uninstalled Enterprise Manager and have just tried a AD restore and the lab fails because it says that Lab Manager is disconnected.

When i check the settings of the Lab Manager it is looking for the Enterprise Manager!!!! This is frustrating!

This is why i tried installing the Enterprise Manager in the first place. HELP.
waldo
Influencer

Post by waldo »

...Also when I install the wizards it prompts me for Enterprise Manager server information? I have tried selecting 'skip enterprise manager configuration' , but it does'nt seem to have any effect I still cannot perform the restores.
Cokovic
Veteran

Post by Cokovic »

Are you trying to request a lab? This is where he is normally asking for the Enterprise Manager.

How do you start this? Do you select the Wizard over Programs?

Try this:

Start you lab manually and after it is started right klick it. You should be able to select which item recovery to perform. That way no lab is requested and you dont need the Enterprise Manager for it.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

This is also covered in our sticky F.A.Q., please take a look: VMware : [FAQ] FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
waldo
Influencer

Post by waldo »

Ive tried every way that starts the restore process but when the wizard completes I just get 'Virtual Lab Manager is Disconnected'... What am I doing wrong?
Cokovic
Veteran

Post by Cokovic »

As Gostev stated an i've posted just start your SureBackup job, right click it and chose the wizard you need. Here the snippet from the sticky FAQ:

Q: I am the only admin in a small environment. Do I have to use the requests workflow in order to be able to restore application items?
A: No, obviously we do not want you to spend time creating and approving lab requests for yourself. As backup administrator, you can simply right-click any VM in the running SureBackup job session, and start application-item recovery procedure immediately. Just make sure AIR wizards are installed on your Veeam Backup server.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you still have issues with setting this up correctly, I would suggest to contact the support team to verify your installation. Thanks.