Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
neilmacneil
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Neil MacNeil

Enterprise Manager - Edit Backup Copy Jobs

Post by neilmacneil »

Hello,

I just want to first say that Update 2 has, so far, fixed our long standing issue with backup copy jobs to data domain. Our backup copies to data domain are now much zippier. This is really great.

I'm currently running into an issue with editing backup copy jobs through enterprise manager. I can select, start, stop, clone, edit any of our standard backup jobs but I only have the option to disable or clone backup copy jobs. I thought maybe that having the job enabled and running continuously might have been the issue but I still do not have options to edit the job even when it is not running continuously or when it is disabled. Is this expected behavior? We are running latest patch of version 8 with an enterprise license.

Thanks,

-Neil
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Enterprise Manager - Edit Backup Copy Jobs

Post by Gostev »

Hello, glad to hear the update solved your performance issue! And yes, Backup Copy jobs are not currently editable in the Enterprise Manager. Thanks!
TGM406
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Tommy G Mikkelsen

[MERGED] Edit Copy Jobs in Enterprise Manager (Feature request)

Post by TGM406 »

Hi

Is there any chance that editing copy jobs will be availible from Enterprise Manager in the future? I can't see any reason to this limitation.

Also It could be nice to have a role in VBR console just below Backup Adminstrator, a role that WAS allowed to Create/Edit/Delete Jobs (Backup/Copy/Replication Jobs), but who was NOT able to change any infrastructure related configuration, like not adding/changing/deleting Proxies or repositories and so on.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Enterprise Manager - Edit Backup Copy Jobs

Post by foggy »

Hi Tommy, thanks for your feedback. Both suggestions make sense but just haven't collected enough number of requests to get a higher priority. Here's the existing topic discussing the second one.