Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mwirz
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Wirz

Enterprise Manager Exchange Restores with more than one AD

Post by mwirz »

Hi there

We backup several hosted customers domains with veeam and let customers restore their virtual machines with enterprise manager. with veeam 8 it is now possible to also restore exchange items what is really cool!
unfortenatly i can only specify one ad account within the settings. is there any way to specifiy several ad accounts for all backuped domains?

thank you for your help.

best regards
mike
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Enterprise Manager Exchange Restores with more than one

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Mike ,
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can specify granular permissions/settings for separate users by configuring multiple access accounts. Here is a link to the Enterprise manager’s user guide >Managing Accounts and Roles p.32
mwirz
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Wirz

Post by mwirz »

Thank you for your reply. Your right - i can assign roles and define whether a user can restore exchange object or not. but within settings you have to specify an administrative AD account which is allowed to access the vm to open the database. and at this point you can only define on account for all your backups. because i have several domains that i backup i can only support exchange restore for one domain...

you can find these settings on page 92 in the manual.

best regards
mike
balma01
Certified Trainer
Liked: 5 times

[MERGED] restore exchange item using enterprise manager

Post by balma01 »

I'm backing up a vcloud director environment and I need to delegate the restore to the users.
Using entrprise manager I can delegate the restore to a user with a restore operator role, if I enable the restore of application (exchange) itemes, I have to insert an AD administrator account into enterprise manager. How can I insert an AD administrator accounts for all the domains for all my vcloud organizations?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You either need to specify the account that has rights through all your environment or install several Enterprise Manager instances for each of the domains with different AD administrator accounts.