Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Einar
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Einar Steinsson

Error: Detected an invalid snapshot configuration

Post by Einar »

It happens occasionally by me that there is an error that says "Error: Detected an invalid snapshot configuration" and the replication job stops. This is probably connected to it is interrupted replica job witch damages the replica.
The only solution I've found is to delate the hole replica (all points) and start over. Is there any other way to fix the replica so that it does not have to start all over?
This has happened both in version 8 and 9 of B&R, I am now using version 9.0.0.1491.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Error: Detected an invalid snapshot configuration

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Were any changes done to the source VM recently? First of all I mean disk operations: vmdk resize/removal/schrink.

Thank you.
Einar
Enthusiast

Post by Einar »

No, I know that any change in the vmdk let the Replica starts all over but it is not the problem here.
The most likely explanation is a network problem that has damaged in the last replica point and the question is if there is something else I can do than delete the the entire replica and start over?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Haven't you tried to remove the last replica VM snapshot manually and continue the job?
Einar
Enthusiast

Post by Einar »

Yes, but it did not work either. I need a replica that works so I threw out the old replica and started a new, if this happens again I will open a support ticket. Thank you for your time.