Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
vipes27
Influencer
Liked: never

Error Starting Veeam Service

Post by vipes27 »

I had a topic on this earlier but it appears to have gotten deleted. I'm not sure if it was something I did or not.

I can't get the Veeam service to start on our server and it gives me the 1053 error. I posted the event that is generated in the event viewer but that's when my post was deleted so I don't know if I did something wrong. This is not a new server and has been working fine until this week. Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Error Starting Veeam Service

Post by Gostev »

Perhaps your previous topic was deleted by the moderator because it did not follow the rules of posting about errors or issues (since this new one still does not). Please review the rules of posting technical issues provided in big red font when you click New Topic. Thank you!
vipes27
Influencer

Post by vipes27 »

Well, I'm using the free version so I don't have the option to open a support case. Can I still get help without posting the error?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Everybody on the official evaluation period is eligible for support, so feel free to contact them. This will be more efficient then using the forum correspondence.
vipes27
Influencer

Post by vipes27 »

I'm not on the evaluation period, though. I've been using the free version for close to a year.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You can get support for the free version as well, however be ready that the case will be handled based on support staff availability (response is not guaranteed).
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

While you're waiting the response from support, check the Windows Event log and make sure all dependent services such as SQL Server service are up and running. Thanks!