Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Error with VEB backup copy job

Post by frankive »

I am backing up a server to a VBR repository. I need have created a backup copy job to a cloud connect repository.
I am getting a strange error saying Error: There is active sync task. (and then refer to an old backup copy job which I have deleted). I have also tried to run the the job (and created new job) to another cloud connect repository.

Seems like there is something sticking somewhere? Perhaps in the database?

edit: caseid #00975698 with uploaded log files from the backup copy job
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Re: Error with VEB backup copy job

Post by frankive » 1 person likes this post

it was related to the wan accelerator.
the customer has a fast line so we just uninstalled, or bypassed, the wan accelerator and everything works as expected.

Dont know what cause the error but since this is not a problem anymore I am not gonna deep more into it, especially since it is summerholiday :D
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Post by pkelly_sts »

Ah, I've started getting this error myself but we do depend on the WAN-X so can't simply uninstall it. Thign is, it doesn't look like it happens to all VMs within the copy job, in this instance it affected 14 out of 38 vms.

Anyone else have any info? This is the only post I've found when searching the errror:

Code: Select all

02/08/2016 04:04:06 :: Processing <vm-name> Error: There is active sync task. Job name: job-name-Copy, VM: <vm-name>, taskID: 0fdf3d0f-1929-4a5b-9c16-e51dfcd79c61
--tr:Failed to start source task ''
There is active sync task. Job name: job-name-Copy, VM: <vm-name>, taskID: 0fdf3d0f-1929-4a5b-9c16-e51dfcd79c61
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

That is WAN Accelerator specific error, so, it's highly unlikely that you can get it with direct processing mode. Moreover, most of this issues have been fixed in update for version 8 and 9.

If you're currently on the latest product version and WAN Accelerator is not involved, please, open your own support ticket and let our engineers assist you in finding the root cause.

Thanks.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Post by pkelly_sts »

In my case I'm latest version (with some tape-related hotfixes) but AM using a Wan accelerator within the copy job.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I must have misread your original answer. Anyway, opening a ticket seems to be the best option here. Thanks.