Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
averylarry
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Ted

Essentials renewal cost?

Post by averylarry »

Did the renewal cost go up a lot? Last year we paid just under $800 to renew. This year we're getting a quote for $1050. Veeam Essentials Enterprise. We have 3 hosts, 2 processors each, 6 cores per processor.

Just want to make sure we're not getting the wrong thing quoted (since Dell stopped selling Veeam).
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Essentials renewal cost?

Post by Gostev »

We did change Essential pricing last year. Instead of being a 6-socket package like before, it is now sold in 2 socket bundles (still up to 6 sockets only). So, it became much cheaper for those who do not need all 6 sockets, however the price for 6 sockets increased comparing to what it was before the change. And since maintenance is calculated off MSRP, it increased as well.
johnlong
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times

Post by johnlong »

There is good info in this thread so I will post my question here.
I didn't know the license model is per socket now and not simply a 6 socket license.

I just purchased 2 new servers with 1 socket populated so I can I reduce my license socket count at renewal?

I also have a question about V7 essentials enterprise plus pricing.

Veeam essentials enterprise plus
(Per 2 sockets) $2300 when available 53% saving if purchased before July 1.

Is $2,300 the list price of V7 or is that the price after the 53% discount? And if I have 3 servers with a total of 4 processors in use would it be 2 licenses x 2?

Since I am simply upgrading are the support costs 20% of list price? Would I renew at 20% of $9,787 ($1,957) or 20% of $4,600 ($920)?

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Such questions are better to be addressed directly to the sales person, since this is a bit outside of the forum subjects. Please contact your sales rep for this information. Thanks.