Enthusiast
Liked: 51 times
Full Name: Gustav Brock

Event ID 24070 for Veeam MP

Post by Gustav »

Every day at the same hour-minute, Veeam MP enters this:

Level: Error
Event ID: 24070

but the General information is blank, and the Details information just shows some 1 and -1 numbers.
Also, when searching the web, no reports on 24070 is found.

All Veeam jobs runs without errors, so I could perhaps ignore this. On the other hand, I don't like error entries.
So, what can cause this error, and what should I look for to prevent these entries?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Event ID 24070 for Veeam MP

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hi Gustav,

This event is thrown when your license key is exceeded. As far as I see from the internal bug tracking system, this event is triggered false-positively in v10. If you're not exceeding your license capacity, then you can safely ignore this event.

Thanks!
AMBxxx
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Andrew Baines

Post by AMBxxx »

I'm getting the same - sometimes it causes a blue screen. Looks like I need to uninstall as it's not even at a consistent time.
Gustav
Enthusiast
Liked: 51 times
Full Name: Gustav Brock

Post by Gustav »

OK, Vitaly. In my install, it doesn't seem to cause any trouble, license is the Community Edition, and usage is well within the limits of this.
I guess it is corrected in v10a, but I don't want to install this just to check this out - will wait for the final release.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

AMBxxx wrote:I'm getting the same - sometimes it causes a blue screen. Looks like I need to uninstall as it's not even at a consistent time.

Missing event description cannot cause a blue screen, so it must be something else in your situation. Please contact our support team for troubleshooting.
Gustav wrote:OK, Vitaly. In my install, it doesn't seem to cause any trouble, license is the Community Edition, and usage is well within the limits of this.
I guess it is corrected in v10a, but I don't want to install this just to check this out - will wait for the final release.
Yes, it is fixed in later versions.
AMBxxx
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Andrew Baines

Post by AMBxxx » 1 person likes this post

Ignore my comments. Looks like my new CPU didn't like my old motherboard. Switched CPU and all running well now.
CraigR
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by CraigR »

Vitaliy S. wrote: Aug 10, 2020 5:01 pm Yes, it is fixed in later versions.
You say this but I'm on the latest release (10.0.1.4854) and I've still got this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

This fix is included in v11 release, not in 10a. Thanks!
CraigR
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by CraigR »

My bad, didn't realise you meant that kind of version change.
Is v11 community edition available as a beta version? Just googled but can't find any download links. - Apologies if I missed something as it was only a very quick google.

Also, if v11 beta is available, when it becomes an RTM release is it possible to upgrade from the beta version to the RTM version?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Is v11 community edition available as a beta version? Just googled but can't find any download links. - Apologies if I missed something as it was only a very quick google.
There is no public place to get the beta, however, you can contact your Veeam SE and ask if there are any slots remaining in your region for the beta program. If not, then you will need to wait for the GA date ;)
CraigR wrote:Also, if v11 beta is available, when it becomes an RTM release is it possible to upgrade from the beta version to the RTM version?
No, upgrading from betas to RTM code is not possible.