Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
edutz1014
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ed Utz

Exchange 2010 Single Mailbox Recovery

Post by edutz1014 »

I am trying to restore contacts from a user's mailbox on Exchange 2010. When I go through the restore wizard it does not mount the mailboxes for my users. I do not get an error. What am I missing. My exchange backup is configured to include applications etc. I am able to see several recovery points to choose from, but no mailboxes are disabled inside of the Veeam Exchange explorer windows.

thanks,

Ed
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Exchange 2010 Single Mailbox Recovery

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Ed,

Can you manually specify the database file and check if its content is populated in the Exchange Explorer UI?

Thank you!
edutz1014
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ed Utz

Post by edutz1014 »

Thanks, I did the configuration piece under the smtp settings. when I do the restore part again it is not showing the mailboxes. if I want to mount the database to extract, how do I do that?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello Ed, kindly please avoid posting log snippets and include support case ID for this issue instead, as requested when you click New Topic. Our engineers will need to have access to the complete log package during the troubleshooting, as this can be file level recovery engine issue, for example (which is what enables us to access EDB file stored in the backup).

Answering your question, please refer to the link Vitaly has posted above for step by step instructions for manual process of mounting your Exchange database.

Thank you!