Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mblanco
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: mblanco

Exchange logs and V9

Post by mblanco »

Hello, i have this problem in two different enviroments. After upgrading Veeam to V9 the backup finishes correctly but the logs of the Exchange database aren´t truncated. In V8 works perfectly, with the same configuration, and the plain has checked to do it. Anybody else with this problem??

Case number 01690429
Pat490
Expert
Liked: 29 times
Full Name: Patrick

Re: Exchange logs and V9

Post by Pat490 »

which version/setup of Exchange do you have? I have no problems with Veeam 9 and Exchange 2010
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Any related messages in Event Viewer on affected VMs?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I would also recommend to check if AAIP account still has local admin privileges. BTW, are there any messages like "skipping logs truncation" in the backup job session?
mblanco
Novice

Post by mblanco »

The problem occurs in two different clients (different companys), one with exchange 2013, and the other exchange 2010, both after upgrade veeam to version 9. AAIP account is the same that i use in veeam 8 and it´s domain admin. If i do a windows backup logs are truncated correctly. In the job says "Truncatin exchange transaction logs" and appears correct and checked.

I think that´s a problem with v9.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

It's always possible that this is a new version bug, but with over 50000 downloads of v9 we would likely have multiple reports by now... unless of course there is something specific to your environment.
mblanco
Novice

Post by mblanco »

Gostev, i have the same problem in two different enviroments. In AAIP account i have the admin. account, but if i enter to view specific account for any vm, it´s set to default. ¿It´s possible that veeam doesn´t redirect to default correctly?

Thnak you
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

You can check by specifying it explicitly there. Anyway, this is better to be investigated with support.
mblanco
Novice

Post by mblanco »

I try changing default in specific AAIP credentials of the VM to admin account and fail again. The job says that truncation of exchange it´s ok but this not happens. In the same machine i create a windows backup job and it truncates correctly...
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Please let support engineer review your configuration.
mblanco
Novice

Post by mblanco »

I don´t know how do you work with your systems, but i cant´t open a channel indefinitely to a production server without supervision, contact with me (spanish support please), tell me what do you need and i connect you to my systems under my supervision. I send to you information two times,and a week later you ask me for ¿SQL? i have a problem with exchange 2013 and 2010 with two different clients in two different enviromentes after upgrade to version 9, windows backup works perfect in this machine and truncate the logs (we are using it because veeam don´t do it), but your version 9 doens´t do it, and says in log that truncate it´s done.

Please tell support that spend time in solve this case.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I can see that you've already been assisted in your native language and, unfortunately, cannot make sense of the case notes because of that. But if you're not satisfied with the level of support you've been provided, please use the Talk to Manager button to escalate your case.
mblanco
Novice

Post by mblanco »

One technical support connects to the machine 1 hour ago, and tell me that the problem is windows firewall... i don´t know that if its true, but the firewall was working until v8, and we don´t change it. I spend so many time to send the event logs and the information that you required, and today the techinician only view this logs directly on machine, no, im not satisfied...
mblanco
Novice

Post by mblanco »

Firewall down, backup again, same problem... i´m very frustrated
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Please provide your feedback to support management directly.
mblanco
Novice

Post by mblanco »

The feedback it´s posted directly, but the support service it´s not working properly, i spend last week more than two hours with one technician connected to view event logs, the same event logs that i send to him two times, please elevate the problem to the proper department, i repeat again, if windows backup (wbadmin) truncate the logs properly it´isn't a problem of the environment or the machine, the problem is with veeam v9, the v8 does the job fine.

The forums are to expose my case to the community, to try to find an answer, and i just need help, please help me to solve my problem.
mblanco
Novice

Post by mblanco » 1 person likes this post

After two months, yes two months, waiting for a solution making tests on my customer servers, wasting my time... the problem was upgrade veeam to v9 like is suspected at the first moment, same problem on different clients after upgrade to v9.

Solution: install patch1 of V9 (24 march, but in the changes of this patch nobody explain this, something to hide?), and after install check in aplication aware of your exchange server that "truncate sql logs", yes, i haven´t any sql server on the vm mail server, but you have to check it, and check exchange truncation also. If you don´t check "sql truntacion", exchange don´t truncate logs.

I´m very dissatisfied and disappointed with veeam support, all the time telling that it´s a problem of my enviroment, and making test on production servers...