rickyzw
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ricky Z

Exhange Item Restore Problem

Post by rickyzw »

Support Case ID: 03179933

Running latest 3a build..

When exporting items from a mailbox or even an entire mailbox using Veeam Explorer for Exchange, the resulting .msg or .pst file is missing the "FROM:" information. In PSTs, the entire mailbox is missing them. If i export a mailbox to PST directly from Exchange 2016 server, it is correct. When viewing the email items within Veeam Explorer, the information is there. It is only lost after an export from Veeam.

Veeam claims this is an open bug, but we have a litigation that requires these emails and the workaround that Veeam support suggested of restoring user mailboxes to new mailboxes and exporting will not be efficient.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Exhange Item Restore Problem

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Ricky,

First: Welcome to the forums!
Second: This doesn't look good. Let me try to find some more information around this. (I know support said it is a bug but I haven't encountered this yet so...) I will talk to the DEV team to hear about this specific case. It might take some time but I will keep you informed

Mike
Regnor
Veeam Software
Liked: 287 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor »

I've never seen such a problem and don't know nothing about the bug, but just an idea: Could you try using an alternative Outlook version on a different server/client?
rickyzw
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ricky Z

Post by rickyzw »

Support contacted me today and has been able to replicate the issue. update 3a with Exchange 2016 has the problem.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Ricky,

For your information. This information is already with the dev and QC teams and they are looking into it.