Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
farrellbj
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Brendan Farrell

Explorer for Exchange - Archive support (VEXBeta)

Post by farrellbj »

Will Explorer for Exchange support an Archived mailbox? Using the native Ex2010 archive, the archive and the mailbox are within the same store. But when performing a restore and using Explorer for Exchange the archive isn't displayed.

Thanks,
Brendan
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: Explorer for Exchange - Archive support (VEXBeta)

Post by Gostev »

Hi Brendan, are you talking about Online Archive mailbox? Are you sure you don't see them? Try looking for mailboxes with names like Online Archive - Username, they might be further down in the mailbox tree. Thanks!
farrellbj
Novice

Post by farrellbj »

Gostev,

Yes, the online archive mailbox. I've looked within all datastores and through the entire mailbox tree. Am I missing something?
itdirector
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: friedman

Post by itdirector » 1 person likes this post

farrellbj,

I know this doesn't help you right now, but Explorer for Exchange does see our archived mailbox store: because our Archive & main data stores are separate, which allows us to easily pick the archive data store. Not sure why you are archiving to the same store as your primary store; I think the update to archive to a different mail store for Exchange 2010 came out last year. Archiving to the same store defeats the purpose of archiving.
farrellbj
Novice

Post by farrellbj »

Thanks for the info itdirector. I've created a separate datastore and put the online archive over there, so after a backup I'll check and see if I'm able to see the online archive. Regarding your achiving statement, I was just testing the online archive piece. If we migrate to Ex2010 online archive we'll build it out properly. How are you running your online archive?