Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sjones
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Shannon Jones

Failed job email notification to separate address

Post by sjones »

Hello,

I work for a 3rd Party IT support provider who monitors and manages backups for multiple clients and we have an email address set-up that when emailed will automatically create a trouble ticket into our ticketing system. We like having email notifications of all Success/Warning/Failure of backups but would like to have just the Failed backups notification sent to our specific email address that would create a trouble ticket in our system. From what I can tell it appears there is only one setting for email notification and you must choose Success, Warning and/or Failure. Is it possible to get emails for everything to one email address and just the failed backups to another and if so what are the necessary steps to set this up? Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Failed job email notification to separate address

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Shannon,

You're correct that you have to choose what notification level to use for the backup jobs. Also it is possible to specify email addresses for individual backup jobs, but you can't select what notification level to use for the individual job in the backup console.

On the other hand, if you have Veeam ONE in your environment, you can use this tool to send email notification for any job and for any job status.

Hope this helps!
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

For a more crude solution you could use a forwarding rule within your email system to send a copy of messages from B&R with "Failed" in the subject to the ticketing system email address.
sjones
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Shannon Jones

Post by sjones »

I appreciate the replies. Its too bad there is no built in feature with Veeam B&R to do this. Hopefully there will be in future versions. As far as the crude solution, I know that would work for the most part unfortunately I do not have the access on the account side to manage that so I will pass that idea on to my management. Perhaps they will set that up. I appreciate it.