Hello Dmitry,

Logs attached to Case #03317537.

regards.
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Re: Failed to check certificate expiration date

Post by PKaufmann »

jim3cantos wrote: Dec 07, 2018 10:46 am We generated the new certificate 4 days ago and the first try to restore a backup today ended with this error when trying to open veeam explorer for SQL server:

A manual restart of veeam backup service seems to do the trick, but I'm not sure that there was an automatic restart when new certificate was installed. It was too fast (unless the restart was done "silently" in the background). Version 9.5 U3 here.
I generated the new certificate today and a few hours later, our first level support told me that restores are not possible because of a strange error message :-)
Seems to me that the veeam backup service was not restarted automatically after generating the certificate ..
All back to normal now..
NoZaku4U

Post by NoZaku4U »

Just to verify and remind ... regeneration of the self-signed certificated does indeed restart VBR services.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

NoZaku4U,

If you are doing it via self-signed certificate generation wizard service is restarted automatically. There might be some issues with port not being released correctly during this procedure, so additional restart of Veeam service (or entire backup server) is recommended. Cheers!