Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
whittinj
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Joseph Whittington

Failing backup

Post by whittinj »

Good morning (or afternoon as the case may be)

I am new to Veeam. The solution was in place when I took my current position. I have never used Veeam and am a complete novice. I have a backup that is failing and I cannot figure out why and I can't seem to find an answer in the log files I have. My question is this: Where do I look to determine why my backup is failing? What information do you need to help?

Thanks in advance.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Failing backup

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Do you have error message in corresponding session statistics? Or in notification mail? What does it say? Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Yes, job statistics window should contain the general reason of the failure, however, with all technical issues it is always better to contact support team directly so they could review your log files and investigate the issue. Thanks!
whittinj
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Joseph Whittington

Post by whittinj »

Thanks guys,

I figured it out. Part of my problem is I don't know where to look for this information. Once I found the log I saw that the error was that Veeam couldn't find the path to write the backup. This was because the drive was not responding. Once I resolved that, the back up worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Glad you've nailed it, thanks for the update.