Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
1971merlin
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Craig Hart

Failure with Quick Migrate

Post by 1971merlin »

I am trying to quick migrate a VM from an ESXi 5.1 box to another ESXi 5.1U1 box using the free version of B&R 7.0. I have SP4 (7.0.0.871) installed.

Both ESXi boxes are stand alone (no vSphere) but are fully licensed. In fact the U1 box is to replace the other box and I just want to move the VM's once, so the old box casn be retired and the new box take its place.

I am getting the following error message and the process fails. The source VM is powered off initially.

Code: Select all

Error: Client error: Cannot recognize sparse file format.
Failed to process [replicateVddkDiskDelta].
Exception from server: Cannot recognize sparse file format.
The only thing I could find, is the need to have the multiextent service running on the hosts, which I have done with the command vmkload_mod multiextent on both machines.

So, what's wrong??
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Failure with Quick Migrate

Post by veremin »

Hi Craig, please avoid posting log snippets, as that's against our forum rules. Also, what is your support ticket ID for this issue (as requested when you click New Topic)? Thanks.
1971merlin
Influencer

Post by 1971merlin »

I have not received a "support ticket ID". I have received a case# 00629124. I assume this is the same thing, despite the inconsistent terminology?

I see no references to any forum rules? I am new here but If there is etiquette to follow, I'm failing to see where it is documented.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Yep, it's a valid number. As to our forums rules, they are shown in red font when you click New Topic. Thank you for your understanding.
1971merlin
Influencer

Post by 1971merlin »

v.Eremin wrote:Hi Craig, please avoid posting log snippets, as that's against our forum rules. Also, what is your support ticket ID for this issue (as requested when you click New Topic)? Thanks.
v.Eremin wrote:As to our forums rules, they are shown in red font when you click New Topic.
There is no rule written in red stating not to post log files.

Anyhow, can we move on from nitpicking posting style, and get on with troubleshooting the problem now please? After all, that was the purpose of posting here.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

You can click on the corresponding link ("read more") and find out all forums rules, including the one about posting log snippets. As to your issue, we haven't seen previously similar cases. So, let's wait and see what support team says, once required logs are analyzed. Thanks.