Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bobbyk18
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bobby

Feature Request - Allow replication of VMs that span LUNs

Post by bobbyk18 »

I was at the Veeam User Group yesterday and it was suggested that i add this to the forum:

Currently we have a couple of VMs that span multiple LUNs(due to being very large, but this could also happen if someone separated their C:\ drives from other drives). Ideally, we would like to be able to replicate that VM to another host and select which datastore each of the VMDKs would go in, however the current version won't allow that. As a workaround, we use extents to make a very large datastore and then replicate into that.

If possible, at some point, please make it so that we could select the source and destination disks, similar to how vMotion allows you to just move induvidual disks between different datastores.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Feature Request - Allow replication of VMs that span LUN

Post by tsightler » 2 people like this post

This capability has existed since V6, if you VM has multiple virtual disks you can select the individual datastores to replicate those virtual disks. To do so, go to the "Destination" stage of the replication job wizard, and where you pick the datastore, click the link that says "Pick datastore for selected virtual disk", in that screen add the VM that spans multiple LUNs, and then expand it, you will see a list of the virtual disk for that VM and you can select the specific datastore that you want to replicate each individual virtual disk to on the target.
bobbyk18
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bobby

Re: Feature Request - Allow replication of VMs that span LUN

Post by bobbyk18 »

Wow! thanks! you've just made my life much easier!