Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jfargo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Fargo

Feature request: Backup Copy status

Post by jfargo »

I'd like to see the progress (percent completed) of Backup Copy jobs listed under the Last 24 hours, "Running" jobs. Currently I have to click in to each job to see the progress. Backup jobs already show progress status in the "Running" folder and I'd like to see Backup Copy jobs displayed the same way.

Thank you,
John
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Feature request: Backup Copy status

Post by Gostev »

Hi, John. This is somewhat problematic, as Backup Copy job runs all the time. Unlike backup jobs, which start and stop, thus allowing us to show their progress. Backup Copy job on the other hand runs all the time - sometimes actually copying the data, and other times just waiting for the new restore points to appear.
jfargo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Fargo

Post by jfargo »

I understand.

They do show percent complete status without clicking on the job under Jobs --> Backup Copy folder.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

When actual copy is performed, yes they do. But due to the continuous nature of Backup Copy jobs, you will be seeing some jobs just sitting there "stuck" at 0% for hours (waiting for restore points to appear). Perhaps this was the reason why the progress is not shown there. I will investigate.