Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sossninja
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: sossninja

Feature Request - Configuration Backup Global Email Template

Post by sossninja »

We would like to see the automatic configuration backup emails use the global email template.
While managing several Veeam installations at different sites we have configured the email template to reflect the source site, the configuration backup emails are not using this template so it is impossible to decipher which Veeam sent the alert.

Basically, backup jobs can use the global email template, why isn't the Configuration Backup email using it?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature Request - Configuration Backup Global Email Temp

Post by veremin »

The email for configuration backup looks different from emails for other jobs. Thus, it doesn't use global email settings.

Anyway, your feature request makes sense, and we might implement something in this regard in one of the future releases.

Thanks.
Mapleuser
Influencer
Liked: never

Re: Feature Request - Configuration Backup Global Email Temp

Post by Mapleuser »

Yes! We need this feature as well.
I'm managing multiple sites and I spent quite some time customizing the email subject to be in a certain format like [Country][Site][Server] - Status - Date
Then came the configuration backup emails that totally disregarded our format and I can't sort them into my respective mailbox folder using Outlook rule because I set it to read the tags I set.
What's the point of having a global email template when it isn't really global?