Feature request: Exclude NetApp LUNs or LUN types for scan

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Feature request: Exclude NetApp LUNs or LUN types for scan

Veeam Logoby hgrams » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:34 am

We recently had a problem with NetApp integration. Veeam has suddenly started on a NetApp Mirror cluster to create and delete iSCSI LUN snapshots during automatically scan process. This confused the whole mirroring. There was the following support ticket (Case # 01980461). In that environment, Veeam should only work with the NFS volumes. The support told me in Veeam is currently no way to exclude LUNs or LUN types when scanning a NetApp storage.
It would be helpful in certain environments if this would be possible in the future.
hgrams
Service Provider

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Harald Grams

Re: Feature request: Exclude NetApp LUNs or LUN types for sc

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:39 am

Hi,

I probably am mistaken and misunderstand your question / requirement but can you have a look at this help article: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

But as I said, I probably misunderstand the question and it does not talk about LUNs but about volumes. But maybe it can help your case...

Thanks
Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 384 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature request: Exclude NetApp LUNs or LUN types for sc

Veeam Logoby hgrams » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:51 am

Hi Mike, Thanks for your suggestion. I think with that settings it should work. I wonder why the support has advised me to create a feature reqest. You can close this request. Best Regards Harald
hgrams
Service Provider

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Harald Grams

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication