Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
martinic
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Peter Voorthuijsen

Feature request: improvements in (un)installer

Post by martinic » 1 person likes this post

I had the following hickups with the installer Setup, and like to request improvements:

#1 Choice to do a Full Installation
Our VEEAM SQL-database was unrepairable. VEEAM B&R was therefore unstartable, so I wanted to re-install.
Unfortunately, the Repair option didn't work, and you can't tell the installer Setup that you want to 'start fresh' and do a Full (re) Installation.

#2 Option to do a Full Uninstall/Removal
I wanted to uninstall VEEAM B&R but the uninstaller couldn't uninstall because it wanted connection with the (broken) SQL.
When I messed up things in the Program Files, the uninstall option of the installer Setup failed -- because it doesn't uninstall, it just calls the uninstall.exe.
A Full Removal option inside the installer Setup would be great. There is too much 'residue' in the registry or file system to do it manually.

All in all, the installer Setup is your main 'tooling' to be able to fix a broken VEEAM B&R installation, but imho it just 'gives up' too easily.
My only option was to do a clean reinstall of the OS to be able to do a fresh VEEAM B&R installation.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature request: improvements in (un)installer

Post by foggy »

Hi Peter, you could contact our support engineers for assistance with cleaning things up. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
martinic
Influencer

Post by martinic »

Hi Alexander, I firstly had communications with support and after all failed and I had to reinstall the OS, they adviced me to post my notes as a feature request. Thanks for your reply!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Understood. Could you please your case ID?
martinic
Influencer

Post by martinic »

The Case # is 02678503.