Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
meurer
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Meurer-IT

Feature Request: make credential-assignment changeble

Post by meurer »

The Veeam credential-management shows which credentials are used for a system or share.
In my case when creating a file to tape job from a NAS-filestorage Veeam asked me for credentials. After a while when extending this Job with other Shares it asked again for this tasks.

Now I have different credential-assignments for different Shares, but some of those shares are more restricted, so credential-assignment is wrong.
I'm unable to adjust the assignment, unable to delet the wrong assignments too - should I delete the complete credential? Then all other backup-Jobs are related too!

I missing the ability to change the credential-assignment for a share or Server after initial creation.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2721 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature Request: make credential-assignment changeble

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Uwe,

Just to make sure I fully understand the request - do you have these shares added to the backup console? If yes, then you should be able to change the credentials when you navigate to the Managed Servers (Backup Infrastructure tab) and then adjust the credentials settings for the required component.

Thanks!