Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JGLA
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Greene

Feature Request: Remove 15 sec. countdown on SQL restore

Post by JGLA » 1 person likes this post

I am using Veeam B & R v9.0.0.902, when restoring a SQL database from Veeam Explorer for MS SQL and you select to restore a database back to the original location you get the following message. 'DBName' database will be restored back to the server 'ServerName' to the sate as of (Restore Point date and time). If present, the existing database will be deleted. Restore will start automatically in 15 sec...

I would like to request that the 15 second countdown be removed and the restore can only proceed if the restore operator clicks on the "Proceed" button. Having a 15 second countdown to potentially delete and overwrite a production database is not a good idea. This is an accident waiting to happen. I could see someone accidently selecting this restore option and not canceling out on time before the restore starts. Can this countdown to automatically start the restore be removed please?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6691 times

Re: Feature Request: Remove 15 sec. countdown on SQL restore

Post by Gostev »

Thanks, we will discuss this internally. The warning was added in a later version of this functionality, so we made it to proceed automatically after some time not to break potential existing integrations.
ahahum
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Adam Bond

Re: Feature Request: Remove 15 sec. countdown on SQL restore

Post by ahahum »

+1