Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mbroaders
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Martin Broaders

Feature Request - Select Network Mapping/Subnet On Failover & Global RE-IP Rules

Post by mbroaders »

Typically we have replication jobs configured to use the production network and may have re-ip rules set up depending on the DR location. This allows for failover to be accomplished by just running the failover now in the event of a disaster.

However, when performing testing on replicas i often find myself having to :

1. Change the network adapters in the DR Vcenter/Hosts to a defined DR network. This would typically be isolated.
2. Modify Re-IP rules if the DR Test network is on a separate subnet.

What i would love to see is an option to perform a "Test Failover" . When performing this Test Failover i would be prompted to pick :

1. Network Mapping
2. RE-IP Rules

To make this simpler i think it would be a great idea to have global RE-IP rules that could be configured outside of the replica jobs.

Alternatively, instead of having (or in addition to) a "Test Failover", an advanced options button could be added to the Failover Now which would prompt for the same settings.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Feature Request - Select Network Mapping/Subnet On Failover & Global RE-IP Rules

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
yes, SureReplica in Backup & Replication does not allow to use Re-IP rules... but Veeam Availability Orchestrator does :-)

Best regards,
Hannes