Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
- Service Provider
- Posts: 295
- Liked: 55 times
- Joined: Jan 31, 2011 11:17 am
The log file won't shrink after a backup is made and the logs were truncated; the space inside the log file will just be reused.
You can check how much free space is available in your log with the management studio in the properties of your database.
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 17787
- Liked: 1489 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
Correct, logs truncation doesn’t reduce the log size. Please see above for the hints.
- Posts: 5
- Liked: never
- Joined: Nov 01, 2018 10:18 am
- Full Name: Gerard Schoenmakers
Didn't know that.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests