Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
edison5000
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: e

Feature Request: status indicator/progress bar when 'removing machine from configuration'

Post by edison5000 »

Most Veeam processes indicate when you are performing an action (other than pressing a virtual button). If you push a new policy, inventory scan, delete from disk - usually you at least get a dialog showing the progress somewhere.

But if you "remove from configuration" for an agent, from a protection group - the entire B&R interface freezes, and you cannot do anything in the console until it has completed removing the machine from the protection group/configuration. (Not sure if I requested this before, but if so, I apologize). Once it completes removing the agent from configuration, everything continues as normal.

Have had Veeam support personnel observe this with me as well.

am running 11a.

Thanks!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Feature Request: status indicator/progress bar when 'removing machine from configuration'

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
Have had Veeam support personnel observe this with me as well.
can we please get the case number?

Because "remove from configuration" does not freeze anything in my environment. The computer just gets removed and I can continue working.

Best regards,
Hannes
edison5000
Expert

Re: Feature Request: status indicator/progress bar when 'removing machine from configuration'

Post by edison5000 »

Thanks Hannes. Tyler P who has been working with me on an unrelated case for months, has observed it in real time, but had no suggestions about this. We are running the newest veeam version that I am aware of; 11.0.1.1261 P20220302, and it was not an upgrade, it was installed from scratch.

I wonder if it is related to sheer number of agents that exist (I think we are up to 850+ on same single B&R server). The server has plenty of cpu & memory available.

I can open a case about this, but we are about to be off for holiday break.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I just talked to Tyler. I guess, the best way would be to investigate after the upgrade to V12.

Would that be okay for you?

Best regards,
Hannes
edison5000
Expert

Post by edison5000 »

Will do. Thanks : )