Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ChrisGundry
Veteran
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Chris Gundry

Feature Request - Storage Snapshot

Post by ChrisGundry »

Hi,

I would like to request that you add additional options into the storage infrastructure section of Veeam B&R console.

If I go to 'Storage Infrastructure' I see a massive list of all of my StoreVirtual and Nimble volumes. If I want to find a particular datastore I have to scroll down the list to find it, if I am looking for all of the datastores that have 'SQL' in the name this could take me ages. I can't use the search option either because it seems that only searches for a virtual machine and not a datastore/volume, so it doesn't allow you to filter the list using the search. Given the VM is within the datastore I feel this should be found when searching, the same as it works within the 'Backup & replication>Backup>Storage Snapshots' section.

I would like to request the following:
1. Allow the search to find VMs like it does within the 'Backup & replication>Backup>Storage Snapshots' section.
2. Allow you to search for/filter volumes/datastores in addition to VM name.
3. Adjust the view in some way so that you can work with multiple snapshots at a time. For example I could search for all snapshots with SQL in the name, then once I have a list of all the snapshots I can then select multiple and click delete. Or I can select multiple volumes and click create snapshot.

Thanks

Chris
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature Request - Storage Snapshot

Post by foggy »

Hi Chris, thanks for the feedback - your requests are accepted.
ChrisGundry
Veteran
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Chris Gundry

Re: Feature Request - Storage Snapshot

Post by ChrisGundry »

Thanks Foggy!