Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rurouni
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Feature Request: Support of Backint integration with Hana 1.O

Post by rurouni »

Hi,

We re using exclusively Hana Databases 1.0 at this time, and for us it seems so useless to have a Backint Integration that supports only Hana 2.0.

I guess also most Hana deployements worldwide at this time have been performed on Hana 1.0, and those customers like us have not yet planned Hana 2 migration since there are some heavy considerations.

So my request is to Get a Functionnal Hana 1.0 Plugin.

At this moment we should consider to backup directly on Storeonce with backint plugin though our main Backup software is Veeam.
so it is a must have to Get Hana 1.0 backup and copy support.

On the other side without this backing up with Database Dumps with Linux agent is not performing fast enough to be able to hold the backup windows. So we're heavily struggling with this at this point.

thanks for priorizing this feature.

Regards
clemens.zerbe
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Clemens Zerbe

Re: Feature Request: Support of Backint integration with Hana 1.O

Post by clemens.zerbe » 3 people like this post

Hi,

HANA 1.0 SPS12 can be backup by our plugin. There is at the moment no further support statement for HANA 1.0 versions.

If you run the wizard (SapBackintConfigTool --wizard) you will get the following error message.

SID: <SID>, configuration failed with errors:
boost::filesystem::create_symlink: No such file or directory: "/opt/veeam/VeeamPluginforSAPHANA/hdbbackint", "/hana/shared/<SID>/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint"
We failed to configure system <SID>. To register plugin with SAP please run command: ln -s /opt/veeam/VeeamPluginforSAPHANA/hdbbackint /hana/shared/<SID>/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint

The path for HANA 1.0 is different for backint activation. So please check if /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt exists. Elsewise create ../opt/
Then create the softlink like shown below.

ln -s /opt/veeam/VeeamPluginforSAPHANA/hdbbackint /usr/sap/<SID>SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint

should be looking like this

xxxx:/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt #
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 43 Dec 5 09:16 hdbbackint -> /opt/veeam/VeeamPluginforSAPHANA/hdbbackint

Afterwards the SAP HANA Plug-In will work like with HANA 2.0

Hope this helps so far.

Clemens
MKiefer@Leitwerk.de
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Kiefer

Post by MKiefer@Leitwerk.de »

Hi Veeam,

If there is no support from the Veeam support team, we can not use the product productively and need to look for an alternative from other manufacturers. I can not understand that the Veeam plugin at SAP was certified for HANA 1.0 (from SPS12) and 2.0, but is only supported by Veeam Support in version 2.0.

Best regards
Martin Kiefer
rurouni
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Post by rurouni »

Clemens, i'll try with your suggestions but i cannot agree more than what Martin Said.
clemens.zerbe
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Clemens Zerbe

Post by clemens.zerbe »

Dear HANA 1.0 customers,

please find the new support statement regarding HANA 1.0 SPS12 here.

https://www.veeam.com/kb2997

Clemens