Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
CylaVime
Lurker
Liked: never

Feature request

Post by CylaVime »

Hi,

After contacting the support for a problem with the notifications mail that was not sending after the end of the backup job.
It would be nice if the software could make several attempts to send because this is not the case. Actually veeam send one time the notification after the end of the backup job, It would be good to configure the number of retry. At present it's just only possible to modify the timeout.

if you have a tips, i'll take it :)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature request

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

That's a good request. As a workaround, I can suggest to use any backup monitoring tool (for example, Veeam ONE) to keep all the alerts opened and have another engine that would send email notifications.

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Or if you feel comfortable with scripting, create a script responsible for notification, set it as post-job activity and send an email as many times as you like. Thanks.
CylaVime
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by CylaVime »

I thank you for these solutions,
i will take a look if it's possible to install Veeam One in our IT. I can see that there are 2 versions free and a version under license.
Moreover I will inquire about the script that could work with veeam.
We will to play with our backup job in order to see if it can fix the problem.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok! If you want to monitor and report on Veeam backup activity, then Veeam ONE paid edition should be used. If you own Veeam Availability Suite today, then Veeam ONE license key is already included to this suite.