Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
btkrausen
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Bryan Krausen

Feature Requests

Post by btkrausen »

Two feature requests please:
  • Ability to retry a failed restore job - thus preventing me to go through the Full Restore Wizard and customizing my restore options again.

Ability to sort VMs within a backup job - easier to find VMs to remove when being decommissioned
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Bryan, great requests!
Could you specify where exactly you would like to have the sort option for VMs in the job(job settings, backups UI etc.)?
Thanks!
Dima V.
Veeam Software
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Dmitry Vedyakov

Post by Dima V. » 1 person likes this post

I think, Bryan means job settings, step "Virtual Machines". There is no way to sort vm's there. Just move them up or down.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Did you mean automatic or manual retry? And what is the main reason of failures?
If you make automatic retry just after the restore job is aborted, you will not have time to examine and repair the cause of the abortion.
Another idea is to perform retry manually from "History" and "Last 24 hours" tabs. Thanks.
Delo123
Veteran
Liked: 109 times
Full Name: Guido Meijers

Post by Delo123 »

Thinking of this, i always liked to have a way of actually sorting VMs within a backup job for the sequence they will be backed up. This way some vm's could be priorized depending on the backup window.

Another thing which i sometimes missed in the past (when i thought i really needed it) was to exclude a vm when a backup job is running.
So if there are 10 vm's in a job, and the first 4 (depending on proxy capabilities of course) are being backed up it would be possible to right click a pending vm and choose "skip this vm for this occurrence".
This would definitly be more usefull in cases where people "need" to stop a running backup (which usually is only the case if there are issues of some kind)
btkrausen
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Bryan Krausen

Post by btkrausen »

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in response as I thought I subscribed to the thread and would get alerts :)

Dima is correct, I'd love a sort ability within the Virtual Machines step to quickly find VMs within a job. When you have over 100s in a job they become hard to find without sorting. However, I guess that would negatively effect the prioritization within that step of the wizard.

The retries request stems from multiple retries I had to do when testing configurations. Because I was trying to restore from a Backup Copy job into the same site, I had to customize the restore to pick the new host, datastore, etc. It would be great to just right click and retry after making configuration changes to either repositories or proxy servers.
m.novelli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 84 times
Full Name: Marco Novelli

Post by m.novelli »

+1 for the feature to sort VM in a backup job

Cheers, Marco
dinger76
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Chris Bell

Post by dinger76 » 1 person likes this post

I also have a feature request... a form of folder capability for the jobs in the Veeam console.

For example, I have a number of jobs that are created for datastore backups, with a separate job created for Daily backups and Weekly backups. With 40+ datastores, each containing 20+ virtual machines, each having two backup jobs... you can easily see there would be a large number of jobs. On top of that I have some other jobs created for other reasons, which also add to the number of jobs listed.
Having a way to create a folder in the Veeam Backup & Replication screens, would allow me to move all of the daily jobs in one folder, all of the weekly in another and the extras in a third folder, meaning that the management screen is, once again, manageable again.

Thanks, Chris
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks all for you requests, much appreciated!
We`ve added search for jobs at the Virtual Machines step of the wizard and an option to perform a retry for failed jobs to our roadmap.