Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Kyle
Lurker
Liked: never

File Level Recovery

Post by Kyle »

Good Morning All,

I am using a trial version of Veeam Backup & Replication on a test enviroment for Honda Power Equipment. We have noticed something in our testing while retriving a specific file for restore. When resotring a specific file from the backup, is there a way to restore the file or files back to the original place? Some of the files that would be needed for are huge 3D rendered engine parts and transmissions. The only way that I can restore files right now is to save them to a specific location and then go to the machine and pull the data back down. Causing the network to work double and increasing the time for a single file backup.

If there is another way to restore the file to the original machine and location within the backup and I am missing something, please let me know. This could potentually be a deciding factor if Honda uses this product.

~Kyle
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Re: File Level Recovery

Post by Gostev »

Hi Kyle, such restore type is implemented in v6 (Q4 2011). We call it "1-click file restore", and you can even delegate such restore to help desk personnel. State tuned for major v6 feature announcements in the coming weeks for more details. Thanks.
Kyle
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: File Level Recovery

Post by Kyle »

Thanks Gostev for the reply. I am sure that we will probably wait until v6 is released seeing as this is going to be a major issue with our network and the traffic flowing accross it already with our virtual enviroment.