Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rocket15
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rocket

File level restore failed mount failed

Post by rocket15 »

I am running Veeam Backup & Replication 4.1 on Windows 2008 SP2. This is guest installed on Vmware EXS4i. I also installed vmware player 2.5.

Backup and restore of complete vm's working fine and the works great and fast at that point. But when i try to do a file level restore i get a mount failed error:

The guest i am trying to restore is a Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 machine met ext3 file system. It seems that mount works but the filesystem seems to be not supported, should i install ext3 drivers? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
rocket15
Novice

Re: File level restore failed mount failed

Post by rocket15 »

I now installed a windows ext2/ext3 driver witch i downloaded on:
http://www.fs-driver.org/download.html

But this is not the way to go i think. But when i start the multi-os Flielevel restore wizzard then the FileLevel restore live cd boots in VMware player and says "please wait while file level restore engine is starting". But this takes forever...nothing seems to be happening...
Bunce
Veteran
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andrew

Post by Bunce »

Not sure if it helps by I received the same error when disks were not successfully removed from the VBR server (VA mode) after backups were completed.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Rocket, FLR appliance hanging could be due to firewall on your VBR server. Please search this forum for existing threads about this issue. If these do not help, please contact our support directly for assistance and further troubleshooting.
rocket15
Novice

Post by rocket15 »

Ok thanx for your help. After turning off the windows firewall and run the correct multi-of file lever restore wizzard i get the folowing error:

Failed to login to "192.168.x.x" by ssh port 22, user "veeam" etc etc.. see log.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Rocket,

Could you please tell us what version of VMware Player are you running? Also as Anton correctly mentioned, please refer to our support team with all technical issues directly.

Thanks!
rocket15
Novice

Post by rocket15 »

I installed Vmware player versie 2.5. When i ping the vm ware instance i get no reply so think it has something to do with the NAT network configuration of vmware player.

I disabled vmware tools in order to install vmware player because I installed Veeam backup and replication in a Windows 2008 vmware guest.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

VM should be behind NAT provided by VMware Player, so this is normal. Please contact our support for further troubleshooting. And please tell me your ticket number, so I could update this topic with the resolution.
rocket15
Novice

Post by rocket15 »

My ticket number is: #525726
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Deleted all logs to clean up the thread. Please do not post logs on these discussion forums, as there are users subscribed to forum updates via RSS. All technical issues should be direct straight to support, as explained when you click New Topic.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Updating the thread with the resolution - the issue was related to incorrect network configuration on the VM. It was fixed with VMware Virtual Network Editor by setting all the values to their defaults.