Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pr0gGuitarN3rd
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Abbott

Filename for backup job

Post by pr0gGuitarN3rd »

Hi all.
I have an enviornment where I'm running Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5.0.1922, as well as CloudBerry 5.9.0.319 on windows server 2008 R2 (all VMs with vSphere). Ever since I've come into this IT position, I've been trying to find out why one of our backup jobs filenames has a very small oddity that is just a bit of an annoyance. Basically, something somewhere has a small spelling error, where one letter of the filename ends up being lowercase instead of capital, so that it's listed incorrectly on the AWS S3, pictured below. I know it's a small issue, but everywhere I can find in Veeam has the filename for that job correct, with capital letters. For some reason, it's making the VBK files lowercase for the letter 'S,' but not the VIB files. Anyone have any idea where this would be?

Some Veeam settings below:
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Filename for backup job

Post by wishr »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums and thanks for posting!

Could you please check the names of both VBKs and VIBs on the target Veeam Repository? Do you see the same issue here?

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Chris, any chance you've initially created the job with the lower case letter and renamed it later?
pr0gGuitarN3rd
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Abbott

Post by pr0gGuitarN3rd »

Thanks for the replies. I checked the filenames for the VBK and VIB files, and it seems all the VBK and VIB files that Veeam is creating are correct, EXCEPT one jobs vbk and a vbm file. I'm not sure what the vbm files are, but it's named after one of our two on-prem RS81* rackstations. The jobname is correct however...not sure where the change is happening. Thoughts?

jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton »

Is it possible the job was originally named Fileserver-RS815 and then later renamed? If so, the metadata file (VBM) will retain the original job name.

Joe