Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
fsr
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Fernando Rapetti

Fix for VeeamAgent.exe

Post by fsr »

Hi,

After testing, i'm in the process of installing Veeam B&R on the production server, but i found a "Fix_179079" folder with a VeeamAgent.exe file inside on the folder that i stored all the Veeam ISO and updates. It seems like i forgot to take note of what that was, and cannot find anything on the net about it. Any idea of what's that, and if i'm supposed to apply it on the production server, and how?

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Re: Fix for VeeamAgent.exe

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

I could not easily locate any information about this fix in our support system. Judging by the number, it's not very recent - while all hot fixes we produce are included in the immediate product release, so it may not be needed any longer.

I recommend you just download and install the latest product build, and open a support case only if you actually have any issues.

Or, if you prefer, you can open a support case now to confirm the applicability of this fix to the specific product build you want to install.

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

We found the answer in our bug tracking system. I totally forgot these hot fixes have actual Issue ID in their name! Indeed, you don't need this hot fix any longer. Just be sure to download latest product ISO from our web site, this will have the fix included. Thanks!
fsr
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Fernando Rapetti

Post by fsr »

Great, i'll do that. Thanks!!