Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Post Reply
LarssonDK
Novice
Posts: 4
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm
Full Name: Henrik Larsson
Contact:

FLR restore create 0 byte files

Post by LarssonDK »

I have recently been testing Veeam Backup and Restore 5.0.2.230 (64-bit).

After backup of my FreeBSD 8.2 mail server and try to restore individual mail files (Maildir), from the backup with the multi-OS file level recovery, the files are 0 byte. Other files are OK.

What could cause this behavior and how should I debug this issue for a support case to Veeam?


Best regards
Henrik Larsson

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Posts: 26513
Liked: 4152 times
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Contact:

Re: FLR restore create 0 byte files

Post by Gostev »

Hi Henrik, this is not a known issue, so yes I recommend contacting our support for troubleshooting. Thanks.

LarssonDK
Novice
Posts: 4
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm
Full Name: Henrik Larsson
Contact:

Re: FLR restore create 0 byte files

Post by LarssonDK »

What information do you recommend that I collect to make sure that the support case is handled the best way?

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Posts: 26513
Liked: 4152 times
Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Contact:

Re: FLR restore create 0 byte files

Post by Gostev »

Hi Henrik, I am not sure, I don't do support. But our support staff will most definitely provide you with the instructions on what is needed and how to get it. Thanks.

LarssonDK
Novice
Posts: 4
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm
Full Name: Henrik Larsson
Contact:

Re: FLR restore create 0 byte files

Post by LarssonDK »

Thank you, I have created a support case. The support ID is [ID#5145668].

LarssonDK
Novice
Posts: 4
Liked: never
Joined: Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm
Full Name: Henrik Larsson
Contact:

Re: FLR restore create 0 byte files

Post by LarssonDK »

The reason for this issue was that maildir files has a colon in its name. Windows don't support colon, so the restore didn't work even though the status from Veeam was success.

The only way to restore the files, was using the FTP method, where you could download the files using a different name than the original file name.

I have asked Veeam support to find a solution, so that the restore status won't be success when the file couldn't be restored due to a file name that isn't supported in Windows. We will have to see if this is implemented in future versions.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dussan, wishr and 62 guests