Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ryanbeaty
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ryan Beaty

Full backup file merge failed Error: There is no oib with id

Post by ryanbeaty »

I am a service provider with many vCloud contexts. I don't have control if a client destroys a VM and rebuilds a VM with the same name. This is causing my backups to fail. I am pretty sure that is what is going on with this error.

If I create a new backup job everything goes through just fine, but I can't keep creating jobs and waiting for the older vib files to fall out of compliance before deleting them.

Is there a way to get the current job working with the new VM and same name but different ID?

-Ryan
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Full backup file merge failed Error: There is no oib wit

Post by foggy »

Ryan, do you see the mentioned error on a backup or a backup copy job? Generally, Veeam B&R indeed tracks VMs by their unique moref IDs and changing the VM ID results in Veeam B&R treating it as completely new one (and backing it up in a full mode). However I'm not sure this affects the merge process in any way.
ryanbeaty
Novice

Post by ryanbeaty »

Yes, the error is from the backup job. I wouldn't mind if I had to run an "Active Full Backup" but this also doesn't work. Is there anyway to run a real "full" backup? Basically not care about the previous restore points and have an isolated vbk file? I wouldn't mind that, I just hate the thought of having to create an entirely new backup just to circumvent this issue. Not really good for service providers like me trying to backup customers vCloud instances.

I do have a ticket open, but I haven't heard any solutions yet.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Active full is right what you call a "real" full backup. I'd recommend to continue working with support on this, since this doesn't look expected (btw, what your case ID?).
ryanbeaty
Novice

Post by ryanbeaty » 1 person likes this post

foggy wrote:Active full is right what you call a "real" full backup. I'd recommend to continue working with support on this, since this doesn't look expected (btw, what your case ID?).
Thanks Foggy. We have a scheduled Webex session on Monday.

The Case ID is 01093803.