Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
PXAbstraction
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Gerry Corcoran

Getting daily warnings for a backup job that's been deleted

Post by PXAbstraction »

Hey everyone.

I manage Veeam backups for a couple of my employer's clients and I've run into an odd issue with one of them. They had a backup job for a physical machine that had the Veeam Agent installed on it. Short version: That machine terminally failed and no longer needs to be backed up. I at first disabled its job in Veeam, but I was still getting daily warning emails telling me that the host couldn't be reached. I've since deleted the job entirely, and yet I'm still getting these emails. There are no jobs left touching this machine so I don't know where these are coming from.

Anyone seen and/or solved this before? Thanks!
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 335 times

Re: Getting daily warnings for a backup job that's been deleted

Post by david.domask » 1 person likes this post

Hi Gerry,

Can you maybe share a screenshot of the email you're getting with sensitive information redacted? My guess is that this is actually the Protection Group rescan that is being reported daily,and editing the protection group to remove this machine should help.

If you can't get it to stop, I recommend open a Support Case; include a copy of the email you're getting and logs from the VBR server as per https://veeam.com/kb1832 (use the 3rd radio option and select the Veeam Backup and Replication Server to export logs from)
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
PXAbstraction
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Gerry Corcoran

Post by PXAbstraction »

Frig's sake, the protection group. That was it. I hadn't had to adjust one of those in forever and completely forgot about it. Sure enough, that physical server was in there. Thanks for the nudge. :)
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 335 times

Post by david.domask » 1 person likes this post

Hi Gerry,

Glad we were able to get to the issue :) Always welcome!
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst