Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
joserizal
Service Provider
Liked: never

GFS copy interval after upgrading from v10 to v11

Post by joserizal »

Hi all,

We had an instance of v10 with a GFS backup copy job configured as below that was upgraded to v11:

Copy interval: 90 days
Copy source: Repository (points created by daily jobs)
Retention: 4 days
GFS: 1 Yearly point in Jan (and another job with Yearly point for 7 years)

Things were all good until we upgraded to v11, in which the Copy job began copying points(incs) every few days instead of every 90 days, as well as keeping more incrementals than the specified retention without any fulls between - noticed 14 straight vib files in a span of a month without a full or synthetic between on the job with 4 days retention/90 day copy interval. According to support this is due to a change in GFS algorithm in v11, and not having weekly GFS points (which would be pretty big space consumption). I'm just wondering if anyone else had a similar setup and if there is a way of getting this setup to work in v11 like it did in v10?

Case:04926155

Cheers
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: GFS copy interval after upgrading from v10 to v11

Post by foggy »

Overall GFS behavior change in v11 is expected but the fact that the backup frequency has changed seems confusing to me. Anyway, with that big interval I'd recommend simply running active fulls every 90 days - wouldn't take much more space due to the amount of changes occurred during 3 months.