Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JPMS
Expert
Liked: 31 times

Global VM Exclusion - Surebackup

Post by JPMS »

I had hoped with the 'Global VM Exclusion' we would at last be able to exclude VMs from v12 Surebackup jobs based on backups but it doesn't work for me.

The documentation says "Global exclusion applies to all types of jobs that process VMs except backup copy jobs" (my emphasis) but excluded VMs are still being tested by our Surebackup job based on a backup job.

Is this a bug (in which case I will open a case) or a documentation error?
JPMS
Expert
Liked: 31 times

Re: Global VM Exclusion - Surebackup

Post by JPMS »

I believe I have answered my own question - vmware-vsphere-f24/is-it-possible-to-ex ... 8-120.html

So it is a documentation error that needs correcting :(

Shame. I won't add to the disappointment already eloquently expressed in the other locked thread, other than to say, if @Gostev feels the need to lock the thread because it is unproductive to have to keep responding to people expressing their disappointment (a sentiment I can understand), maybe this is a sign of how frustrated users are with the issues caused by this missing feature.

Probably best to lock this thread before it becomes another spawning ground for similar feedback!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Global VM Exclusion - Surebackup

Post by Mildur »

Hi JPMS

Yes, SureBackups seems to be missing as an excluded job type in the documentation.
I'll ask our user guide team to update the guide.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software