Google drive (enterprise) backup

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Google drive (enterprise) backup

Veeam Logoby Yahoo39 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:16 am

Hey Guys,

I want to backup Google drive (enterprise) either in cloud, NAS or tapes but not sure how I can achieve it.

One option is to google drive sync and local backup to tape. We are on 9.5 update 2.
Yahoo39
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Yahoo to google

Re: Google drive (enterprise) backup

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello Yahoo39,

To backup files to tape you should have a local access to the files (it can be a local drive or share folder). Frankly speaking, you must sync files with the local storage first and then you can write them to tape (via file to tape job).
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 449 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby dellock6 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 pm

The options you listed are the possible targets, but I guess that since you posted in this forum, the idea is to create a local copy of Google Drive on a virtual machine, right? At that point it's just another folder of that VM, you don't need files to tape, just a regular vm backup.
Luca Dell'Oca
EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
http://www.virtualtothecore.com
vExpert 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016
Veeam VMCE #1
dellock6
Veeam Software

Liked: 1342 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Veeam Logoby aceit » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Yahoo39 wrote:Hey Guys,

I want to backup Google drive (enterprise) either in cloud, NAS or tapes but not sure how I can achieve it.

One option is to google drive sync and local backup to tape. We are on 9.5 update 2.

If you really want to backup google "stuff" via veeam locally (and not using other cloud based or dedicated solutions), just pull the data into a local VM (ie existing file server or such if you don't want to create more) and then backup it normally via veeam... I think it would be the best option if you need to centralize...
aceit
Influencer

Liked: 5 times

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication