Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kkelling
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin

Google Storage Authentication

Post by kkelling »

New to both the Cloud Edition as well as Google Storage.

In Veeam it wants me to enter both an "access key" and a "secret key" in order to proceed. The provided help for Google seems out of date as it does not match what I see. I do see an area for "Simple API Access" in the Google API console but there is no secret key.

There is a default browser API key with no restrictions, and just for fun I created additional both server and browser keys in the Google API console. However no "secret" and no password is offered. The Google documentation suggests only the API key is needed but Veeam will not let me progress with the password field blank.

I've also tried using Google password for each key, as well as my email address

Nothing works. Is there any clearer (and current) documentation that can tell me exactly what to use for the API and Secret keys in Veeam as every set of keys/passwords that I can see on the Google side fail to authenticate. What API is being used? Oauth? JSON?

I can't a working combination of keys that will let me access my Google Storage bucket (which works fine from Google Storage Console). Thanks!
kkelling
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin

Re: Google Storage Authentication

Post by kkelling »

Resolved. I had to enable "Interoperable Access" on the Google API console in order to reveal access and secret keys.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Google Storage Authentication

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Kevin, thanks for coming back and updating this topic with the resolution.