Gostev's forum digest

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Gostev's forum digest

Veeam Logoby robg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Gostev, I think you are starting to get a little bit snooty with these.

> (if you're still not using IFTTT, then I really don't know how you manage to absorb the Internet).

Please don't forget that this is addressed to your customers.

Still, I enjoy reading them. Even when you're wrong:

> some of those Linux boxes in the wild can be really old (like over 10 years old easily) – because they just work and no one wants to touch them - well, this would be the end for those.

Linux boxes 10 years or older are still perfectly fine if no one can ever reach them to run exploits.
robg
Enthusiast

Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Rob

Re: Gostev's forum digest

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:03 pm 3 people like this post

robg wrote:Please don't forget that this is addressed to your customers.

Actually, it is not. This is addressed to Community Forums members, many of which are not even Veeam customers.

If you'd like to receive the official corporate communication from Veeam to its customers instead, you can sign up here.

That said, I do apologize if sometimes my style of writing comes over offensive - I admit I write most of these on the go, being myself and without putting much thought into how this or that phrase can be [mis]interpreted in certain cultures. But I think the end result is good enough since I don't usually get more than one complaint per year (congrats for claiming the 2016 one, by the way) :wink:

Seriously though, thanks for your kind words too!
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2350 times

Veeam Logoby robg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:06 pm 1 person likes this post

No harm, I'm not really offended by it, I know that I can find snarkiness at any community made up of tech people. I was just a little surprised that it had the Veeam logo attached to it. Keep it up, they are very informative posts!
robg
Enthusiast

Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Rob

Veeam Logoby adrien.herve » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:59 am 3 people like this post

The word from Gostev is my only source on monday to deliver fresh news at coffee break and I'm not kidding, always informative yes!
adrien.herve
Enthusiast

Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Adrien HERVE

Veeam Logoby Delo123 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:15 am 2 people like this post

I enjoy receiving it every sunday evening also, sometimes Anton really caught stuff I missed during the week, many thanks for doing this.

@Gostev Btw. missed it, but congratulations to your 20.000th post here in the forum!
Delo123
Expert

Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Guido Meijers

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication