Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TitaniumCoder477
Veteran
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: James Wilmoth

GUI BUG FIX: VM display

Post by TitaniumCoder477 »

I think the world of Veeam--it is hands down the best backup program (from a functional and aesthetic perspective) I have worked with!

History > Replications (or Backups) > double-click a job > in the window that opens up... the NAME column does not auto-size for the VMs. Therefore, if one uses a standard naming convention such as HHA-SRV-PDC or HHA-SRV-FILE or HHA-SRV-SQL, the end is not visible and therefore the column requires sizing every time to see the VMs. I take a screenshot of this window every morning to provide to a client, so it is really a pain to do. It is only in version 9 that this became an issue. Previous versions I guess auto-resized.

It would be really great if the NAME column would resize to show the full name or 90% of the name while still allowing the STATUS column to remain visible. Even better, it would be great if the window itself could be maximized (difference between a window and a dialog box, I guess) and the columns adjust dynamically to show as much information as possible.

Thank you again for a great product!!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: GUI BUG FIX: VM display

Post by Gostev »

Hi, James. Thank you for your kind words, I promise it will only keep getting better!
Does the column not remember the new width once you change it? That would be a bug.