Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DamMayhem
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Mayhew

Has anyone used V-locity from Condusiv

Post by DamMayhem »

I was wondering if anyone has used this software http://www.condusiv.com/business/v-locity/overview/, what experiences you've had with it, and if it is compatible with Veeam.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Has anyone used V-locity from Condusiv

Post by veremin »

Hi, Daniel,

According to some articles (though a little bit obsolete ones), V-Locity might work fine in a combination with Veeam Backup and Replication, unless you enable auto defrag option in V-Locity settings.

In this case, the number of changed block will be affected deeply, making you incremental backups huge.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Moor
Technology Partner

Post by Moor »

V-locity is compatible with Veeam software. V-locity is an I/O optimization software that optimizes the reads and the writes through its technologies without adverse effects on replication. Please note that V-locity is not a defragmenter and we have quite a few customers who use both technologies in their environments and we can send you some of their testimonials. In addition, most replication software benefit from having a solution that eliminates I/O bottlenecks at the source.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Thanks, Moor, for coming and providing us with the up-to-date information regarding V-Locity; much appreciated.
james575
Novice

Post by james575 »

At my organization, we have been using V-locity 3.0 and Veeam 6/6.5 together for many months now and it works fine. We are running V-locity on all VMs, including the Veeam servers. We keep the automatic defragmentation turned off, and turn on the intelliwrite and automatic space reclamation, as recommended by Condusiv.