Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Dalius
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dalius Juronis

Healt Check on Chained backup jobs

Post by Dalius »

In my backup enviroment there are around 20 chained backup jobs, which executes one after each other. Backup starts on weekdays in the evening and runs till morning. I've set backup files health check on each month first Friday, but actual health checks runs only on those jobs which starts on friday until 12pm, but never occurs on chained jobs which starts on that night after 12pm till Saturday morning.
Any advice how to triger those backup files health check, which suppose to run on Friday, but actual run time happens to be Saturday?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Healt Check on Chained backup jobs

Post by foggy »

Hi Dalius, that's expected behavior in case of jobs chaining and one of the reasons why we do not typically recommend using it. Is there any particular reason for using it in your setup instead of just starting all the jobs at once and letting the automatic resource scheduler do its job?
Dalius
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dalius Juronis

Post by Dalius »

Hi Alexander, you mean if I would set same startup time for all the backup jobs, they eventually will run health check, even if automatic resourse scheduller will execute them after midnight?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

All jobs will be executed (started) at the designated start time, and then just wait for the backup resources to be allocated to their individual VMs.
Piotr
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Piotr Brzozowski

Post by Piotr »

I have similar problem. There is a job on my backup server that runs every Friday. I set heatlh check on first Friday, but it did not, because the job run completed on Saturday. How am I to set heaith check to make it run?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Hi Piotr, the health check is performed based on the job's actual start time. If the job has actually started on Friday and the health check is scheduled for Friday, it should be executed. Can you confirm the job has actually started on Friday? Are you using job chaining? What kind of job is this - regular backup or backup copy?
Piotr
Influencer

Post by Piotr »

It is a regular backup job. It is not part of a chain. It started at 22:30 and completed at 0:03.
Is the health check performed based on the job's actual start time or the time of completion?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

It is performed based on the actual job start time.
Piotr
Influencer

Post by Piotr »

So, if health check is performed based on the actual job start time why doesn't it start?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

It does not look expected, so reach our support team for further investigation. Thanks!